United Way of Dodge County is raising funds to meet increased community needs. Donations stay right here in Dodge County to support 19 local charities. The needs in Dodge County continue to grow, and the effects of the pandemic bring many new challenges.
One local agency said they see an increase in mental health issues in youth due to COVID. Another agency said many seniors are struggling with everyday tasks such as housekeeping, transportation, and yard work. The agencies United Way of Dodge County support does their best to fulfill these needs.
A few ways a donation to the United Way of Dodge County helps local charities and the community:
- It provides preventive dental services for uninsured and underserved children in Dodge County.
- It funds programs to match children with positive role models that change their lives for the better.
- It supports mental health services and peer groups in Dodge County.
- It provides medical transportation for seniors in the community.
- It helps to serve victims of domestic violence in Dodge County.
We support the local food shelf, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Healthy Smiles, NAMI, Faith in Action, the Women’s Shelter, and many more. Our annual fundraising campaign is a vital part of the organization’s work. We are supported solely by community donations, and the majority of these funds come from this annual campaign. Every January, our board members meet to review fundraising results, discuss community needs, and determine how the money is allocated.
Ninety-one percent of every dollar given goes directly to support local infinitives. The other nine percent is spent on basic operating needs such as accounting, insurance, and fundraising.
Our goal is to raise at least $80,000 by the end of the year so we can allocate the full amount requested from local nonprofits in 2022. We strive to be a stable income source for local programs so the nonprofits can focus on people and services. We are asking for your consideration in making a gift of $50, $200, or whatever is comfortable for you during this time.
Information about United Way of Dodge County, who we support, and a giving form, were sent to all Dodge County households the last week of September.
Here are a couple of ways to help support the United Way of Dodge County and local charities:
- Mail the giving form and a check made out to United Way of Dodge County to P.O. Box 718, Dodge Center, Minnesota 55927.
- Give online by visiting unitedwayofdodgecountymn.org/donate.
- Follow and interact with us on social media at @UnitedWayofDodgeCountyMinnesota on Facebook.
- Volunteer your time. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
We express our sincere gratitude to everyone who has supported us and our community. We are proud of the impact we have made together!