What is Get Connected?
Get Connected is a self-service volunteer portal operated by United Way of Olmsted County. Here, community members can browse current volunteer opportunities from our local nonprofit partners. Make a free Get Connected profile to get started!
FAQ Guide for Community Volunteers
Watch the How-To Video: Learn how to create a free profile on Get Connected in 5 easy steps!
- Step 1: Create an account.
- Step 2: Select causes that you’re passionate about (e.g. education, income, housing, disaster response, etc.)
- Step 3: Select interests (specific skills or talents) that you bring as a volunteer (e.g. marketing, technology, education, physical labor, etc.)
- Step 4: Find agencies that match your interests (e.g. Cradle 2 Career, Salvation Army, Family Service Rochester, etc.)
- Step 5: You’re registered! Now you can edit your profile, find current volunteer needs, and sign up for a specific need by clicking “register”.
Finding Volunteer Opportunities: Ready to start volunteering? This article explains how Get Connected offers several easy ways to find the right volunteer opportunities for you! You may search by keyword, sort by date added, or filter by various criteria such as date, interest, and virtual need.
The Volunteer Dashboard: This article explains the volunteer dashboard or “home page”. Here, you can do things such as track your volunteer hours, view suggested needs, and update your basic personal information.
Managing Your Volunteer Profile: Learn how to update your preferred causes, interests or skills, and fanned agencies on your volunteer profile!
Team-Friendly Volunteer Opportunities: Looking to volunteer with your friends, family, colleagues, or other group? Learn how to participate in volunteer activities as a team on Get Connected! United Way of Olmsted County also helps coordinate one-time or ongoing volunteer opportunities through our corporate engagement program.
FAQ Guide for Nonprofit Organizations
Your Agency or Program’s Profile Page: It’s important to have an updated agency profile so that interested volunteers can learn about your mission and register for current volunteer needs! You will need to add basic information including your nonprofit organization’s EIN, logo, and agency manager’s contact information.
Full Get Connected Agency Training Video: Get Connected is an excellent tool for volunteer recruitment. This training walks you through the ins and outs of registering your agency, managing your agency profile, and adding volunteer needs.
Frequently Asked Questions: Agency Managers: Still have questions about getting your nonprofit on Get Connected? Check out the complete FAQs for Agency Managers.