Get connected to resources in Dodge County that address your needs.
Everyone knows about 9-1-1. But few people know about 2-1-1, a service for non-emergency life challenges. Right now, as more people need help during the pandemic, they might not know where to turn. The answer is 211. Funded in part by local United Ways, 211 is a vital service that connects people to help.
Here are 6 things you might not know about 211:
1.We can help with complex challenges, whatever they may be. 211 connects people to resources like:
2. 211 is for anyone. When problems arise, 211 is a good resource to have in your back pocket. Best of all, the service is available to everyone, regardless of income level.
3. 211 is available 24/7/365. That’s every day, every hour, every minute of the year. And if you do not feel like calling, you can text or use the website. Check 211.org to find your local texting number and website.
4. 211 helped 353 community members in the past year. In 2019, only 62 Dodge County residents reached out to 211 for help. More than ever, unexpected challenges are part of all of our lives. The most requested services include rental/bill assistance, tax preparation, and transportation services.
5. You will talk to a real person. A trained, expert specialist answers questions, helps identify the root causes of your problem, and connects you to local resources.
6. You can call to find volunteer opportunities in Dodge County. Many people are in need right now so it is a good time to check to find local organizations and families that you can help.
Your gift supports United Way of Dodge County’s fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in the community.